Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen-unstable: ImportError: No module named xen.xm

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 22:34 +0000, chris wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM, chris <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have pulled the latest from xen-unstable on a new machine, I run
> > make world and make install and after rebooting into xen, when i run
> > xm list or anything else i get:
> >
> > # xm list
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 5, in <module>
> >    from xen.xm import main
> > ImportError: No module named xen.xm
> >
> > I also tried going into the tools dir and make install, because i read
> > that somewhere on google.
> >
> > I don't get any errors when compiling or installing so I don't know
> > where to go from here?
> >
> > - chris
> >

> I just tried this again after pulling everything down again and
> recompiling. Is something broken?

Nothing currently known.

Which host OS are you running?

Do:
$ python
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.path

This should tell you the python path which is where python is looking
for stuff. The install process should have dropped xen/xm/main.py
somewhere on the system, the build log or "find" should tell you where.
Do they correspond?

Ian.