Re: [Xen-users] iscsi vs nfs for xen VMs

Il 26/01/2011 18:11, Freddie Cash ha scritto:
[cut]
> If there's anything that we've missed, let me know.  :)

the exposed setup is very intesting but:

a) ZFS on freebsd is not as stable as on solaris
b) opensolaris is dead (oracle killed it)
c) we have no guarantee that in the future oracle will release updated code
d) NFS is slow ...NFS over RDMA is fast but freebsd has no open/official
infiniband stack
e) consistent snapshots are very different from backuping only files.
For example if you backup a DB server copying files is not enought you
have to dump also what you have in memory at the same time (the key word
is "at the same time")

Christian