Re: [Xen-users] Backup running Windows machines - redundancy

Hi Paul,

me again. Imaging the virtual disks takes care of this. You can first perform a
snapshot for this. In order to get a 100% "safe" state I save the machine
first, snaphost it, dd it and then restore it again.

For backing up just the files I see two possibilities:

- use a share on the Windows DomU
- snapshot the volume, mount it and rdiff from it.

As for as ACLs preserving is concerned, tools like SetACL
(http://helgeklein.com/) can export them fpr later restore.

I don't think there are any other ways to backup the files with ACLs included
that include any sort of copy to Linux file systems.

B.