Re: [Xen-users] XCP-1.0-base-38754 how to create Debian 6.0.0 Squeeze VM?

> I wrote:
>>> It appears that XCP utilizes "templates" when creating new VM's.  As
>>> Squeeze was not released until after XCP-1.0, I assume that I will
>>> need a Squeeze template for XCP (?).  Is such available, and how do I
>>> get it into XCP?
>
> On 02/13/2011 11:37 AM, Gémes Géza wrote:
>> Is included.
>
> Thank you for responding.
>

> It appears that a template is not included for Debian Squeeze 6.0:
>
>     [root@xcp ~]# xe vm-install template=Debian\ Squeeze\ 6.0
> new-name-label=xcpsqueeze
>     Error: No templates matched
>

> Please advise.
>
> TIA,
>
> David

My XCP 0.5 box gives at xe template-list | grep Debian:
          name-label ( RW): Debian Squeeze (32-bit)
    name-description ( RW): Template that allows VM installation from
Xen-aware Debian-based distros. To use this template from the CLI,
install your VM using vm-install, then set
other-config-install-repository to the path to your network repository,
e.g. http://<server>/<path>
    name-description ( RW): Template that allows VM installation from
Xen-aware Debian-based distros. To use this template from the CLI,
install your VM using vm-install, then set
other-config-install-repository to the path to your network repository,
e.g. http://<server>/<path>
          name-label ( RW): Debian Squeeze (64-bit)
    name-description ( RW): Template that allows VM installation from
Xen-aware Debian-based distros. To use this template from the CLI,
install your VM using vm-install, then set
other-config-install-repository to the path to your network repository,
e.g. http://<server>/<path>
    name-description ( RW): Template that allows VM installation from
Xen-aware Debian-based distros. To use this template from the CLI,
install your VM using vm-install, then set
other-config-install-repository to the path to your network repository,
e.g. http://<server>/<path>
          name-label ( RW): Debian Lenny 5.0 (32-bit)
    name-description ( RW): Template that allows VM installation from
Xen-aware Debian-based distros. To use this template from the CLI,
install your VM using vm-install, then set
other-config-install-repository to the path to your network repository,
e.g. http://<server>/<path>
So maybe you should use Debian Squeeze (32-bit) or Debian Squeeze
(64-bit) as a template.

Good Luck!

Geza