From: Steve Thompson [mailto:smt@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:42 PM
To: Peter Ranson
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Strange Problem with Windows GPLPV Drivers

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Peter Ranson wrote:

> I have a host that has 31 VM's running on it, all windows. They are
> running the same template, which has the latest GPLPV drivers
> installed. The problem occurred today when I went to add the 32nd VM
> (pretty freaky number!), again from the same template. Now when the VM
boots up I get a BSOD.

Interestingly, I have the same problem, except that I can only get 30 XP
VM's to run, and the 31st fails. I'm using gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213 and Xen 3.1
on CentOS 5.5 x86_64; with a much earlier GPLPV version (I forget the exact
version, maybe 0.9.12) I did not encounter such a limit. No idea why.

-steve