Re: [Xen-users] xen compilation is giving errors

  • To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:33:08 +0530
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 07:04:32 -0800

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> make install-stubdom
>>>
>> Ok upto here things worked very well but
>> I  installed apt-get build-dep xen-3.3
>> as this archive msg says
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/185290
>>
>>> and then compile dom0 kernel following
>>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps.
>> I want to know if I can get a default .config file to compile a dom0
>> kernel for 32 bit and 64 bit
>> or I use the .config of my host OS (which right now does not have Xen) in
>> /boot
>
> Depends on what you need. For example, for my RHEL5 test box I use
> Oracle's kernel-uek (2.6.32) as a base and add these xen-specific
>
> CONFIG_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y
> CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=128
> CONFIG_XEN_SAVE_RESTORE=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS=y
> CONFIG_SWIOTLB_XEN=y
> CONFIG_MICROCODE_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0_PCI=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PCI_PASSTHROUGH=y
> CONFIG_PCI_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_NETXEN_NIC=m
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
> CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP=m
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKBACK_PAGEMAP=m
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI=y
> CONFIG_XENFS=y
> CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
> CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
> CONFIG_XEN_MCE=y
> CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=y
> CONFIG_XEN_S3=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PLATFORM_PCI=m
>
> Not all of them need to be set manually, the above was just a snippet
> of my .config which contains "XEN".
>
> When customizing the kernel config I use "make menuconfig", and search
> where a particular config option would be (using "/").
I searched /XEN in menuconfig but I did not got any option as the
search in menuconfig for XEN shows
Location->Device Drivers Xen Backend
but in ncurses screen I do not see any option when I check
device drivers --> (here I scroll a lot of options but no where Xen is visible)

I had tried adding your .config parameters also to my .config but that
also did not worked.
I have tried it in two places
/usr/src/xen-4.0.1/linux-2.6-pvops.git
and
/usr/src/xen-4.0.1/linux-2.6-xen
but any where the Dom0 kernel compile was not successful.
It is a 32 bit system without VT.