Re: [Xen-users] Can't boot HVM Linux guests on Debian Squeeze Dom0

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Garrett Robinson
<Garrett.Robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey John,
> I tried both of your suggestions. Neither of them worked, unfortunately.
> With 'tap2:tapdisk:aio:', I got the following error almost immediately:

> And with 'tap:tapdisk:aio:', the system hung for almost a minute on the xm
> create command. Then it returned this error:

There was a discussion thread some time ago on this list (search list
archive for details), and the info was that Squeeze does not include
either tap or tap2 due to some license problem. A patch fixed this,
but Debian manitainers haven't include it yet.

So short summary, you could either:
- Dump Debian, use other distro with proper tap:aio support (like
RHEL5. Opensuse should support it as well), OR
- Compile your own version of xen (and probably the kernel as well), OR
- use phy:/, or stuck with file:/

--
Fajar