Re: [Xen-users] domU .cfg file

Hello,

what does the following disk line in domU cfg file tell us???

disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/xenwin2008.img,hda,w',
'file:/home/xen/windows2008.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

specially hda, w and hdc:cdrom,r??? how can we check for this?

Are you looking for an explanation? This is rather straight forward. I would suggest you read this. I've only been playing around which Xen for three weeks now and this guide helped me a lot.

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Virtualization/index.html

The first part provides the domU with an hda device which is an image file on the host (dom0) located at "/home/xen/xenwin2008.img". And this is presented in read+write mode (hence the "w").

The second part provides the domU with an hdc device which is a simulated CD-ROM device in read mode. And the source is an ISO file of a Windows 2008 DVD.

- Hans