Re: [Xen-users] debian Lenny -> Squeeze domU mdX software raid migration - failed to assemble arrays

Yes, my whatever.domain.cfg was insane, I fixed it by leaving:

root = /dev/xvda2

but had to update:

#kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'
#ramdisk     = '/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-1-xen-amd64'
kernel      = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64'
ramdisk     = '/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64'

after that it booted with errors, but allowed me to
vi /etc/apt/sources.lists in DomU and change lenny to squeeze and then
update/upgrade, and now my DomU Debian Lenny is Squeeze :)

No idea why the kernel mismatch would result in an md/sd/xvd error, but
hope this helps someone else!

Thx,
Cameron