Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.0, multiple network interfaces, network-bridge failing to create multiple bridges

  • To: Jan Vejvalka <jan.vejvalka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:54:36 -0400
  • Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2011 06:56:18 -0700

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Networking in Xen 4.1+ has changed:
>>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/MigrationGuideToXen4.1%2B
>>>
>>> See also:
>>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HostConfiguration/Networking
>>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.1
>>
>> I see. But I did not upgrade, I installed from fresh. Does it mean that
>> the /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge script is obsolete ?
>>

> Yes it is deprecated. It will be much better and more robust to use
> the network scripts in your distribution.
>
> Offhand I can't seem to find the slackware documentation on creating
> network bridges.
>
> The closest thing I can find is:
> http://www.slackbook.org/html/book.html#NETWORK-CONFIGURATION-TCPIP-CONF
>
> Maybe other Xen Slackware users will have some tips?
>
> I've asked on the ##slackware IRC channel on freenode and if someone
> answers I can post more info.

So some responses from the slackware IRC indicate that brctl is in
fact a good option and you could put the commands in /etc/rc.local

Another person added a diff to rc.inet1 that support bridges:

http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/rc_scripts/bridging/

Hope that helps.

If we could document a Slackware bridging guide somewhere guide on the
wiki that would be helpful for the future.

Thanks,
Todd