[Xen-users] newbie to xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: bofh <goodb0fh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:44:17 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:45:26 -0700

Sorry if this is noise.  I have used xen in the past, went to vmware,
and now want to try xen again.  I have a Lenovo W510.  I will be
running Ubuntu server 11.04 (unless everyone here agrees that Debian
6.01 is better!  *grin*)

I just did a search for ubuntu and xen as well as natty and xen, and
the most authoritative documentation I found was:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

I know with the recent kernel changes, things are in flux.  What is
the best way to run xen on ubuntu/debian?

My preference is to use something that's packaged, but I do prefer to
use the current release of xen...  Do I, or don't I have to recompile
the current kernel in 11.04?

Also - how does truecrypt affect this whole setup...? :)

Thanks!

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk