Re: [Xen-users] blank screen after xen boot

On 06/16/2011 07:20 PM, Todd Deshane wrote:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Mike Wright<mike.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi all,

New to the world of linux-3.0.0 and very excited.

xen-4.1.1 compiles and installs without complaint.
linux-3.0.0-rc3 from kernel.org also compiles without complaint.

On boot I see the [XEN] hypervisor booting, the screen flickers to black
then a dark grey and the system just sits there unresponsive.

Any ideas where to go from here?

You might want to try Konrad's branch for now:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git

There may be some patches that have not been merged yet that apply to
your situation. For example, I believe some VGA stuff will not make it
into the kernel until 3.1

Thanks, Todd.

Pulled and built that kernel and it boots standalone; however it segfaults when used with xen.gz. At least I see the segfault so that's a definite improvement :/

If that kernel doesn't work for you, then use the suggestions on this
page to maximize xen and kernel output and post all relevant logs to
the xen-devel mailing list.

Can you expand on the above paragraph? I don't understand which page you're referring to.