Re: [Xen-users] Alternative to network-nat on Debian Squeeze with XEN4?

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:37:07 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:38:25 -0700

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm wondering if we should considering using a QEMU-like approach for
> NAT on Xen going forward?
>
> Something like:
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Networking/NAT
>
> Thoughts?

Todd: Is this the same one used by libvirt with virbr0? Using
something common would be nice, as it means NAT-networking can be
treated the same way as bridge networking from Xen's perspective.

Andrew: try installing virt-manager (or perhaps libvirt-bin is
enough). It should create a bridge called virbr0, which you can use on
domU config file (add "bridge" section to vif line).

--
Fajar