Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV on windows 7, clean shutdown not working insome case

On 21/06/2011 11:05, James Harper wrote:
On 21/06/2011, at 18:44, "Steve Allison"<xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 21/06/2011 09:01, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
We have many domUs windows 7 64 bit on production systems, all with build
gplpv_Vista2008x64_0.11.0.238.msi.
Randomly, during install shutdown monitor service wasn't created and we not
understand why.
All other things about gplpv are working, someone can help me to solve this
problem please?

I had the same issue the other week. I even spent time to build a set from
source and it didn't create the service. The build created shutdownmon.exe and
is included in the WIX installer, but the Xen service isn't created on install.

Perhaps someone on the list could point us in the right direction to manually
create the service?

For those interested, a build based on source code tagged 0.11.0.295 is
available at http://www.nooblet.org/blog/2011/gplpv-drivers-0-11-0-295/ .

--
May the ping be with you ..

The service is installed with a -i option to the exe, and can be uninstalled
with a -u option. Maybe you could try uninstalling and reinstalling a few times
to see if it fails sometimes?

Sent from my iPhone

Excellent! Thank you :)

I have 3x Win2008R2 machines, and tried the following:

shutdownmon.exe -i
check service installed and start it, then stop it
shutdownmon.exe -u
reboot
check service uninstalled
shutdownmon.exe -i
reboot
check service installed and running

For all 3 machines it worked fine all round.

Thanks for the tip :)

--
May the ping be with you ..