RE: [Xen-users] 3.0.0 and gplpv

> I've noticed that 3.0.0 as a backend is very slow, which is to be
expected
> since the drivers were stated as being unoptimized, particularly
xen-netback.
> I'm getting speeds between 10-20 Mb/s with iperf and gplpv.
>
> However, I've noticed that the gplpv driver in my winxp domu quits
operating
> after a while. I can provoke it with iperf - it will stop operating
shortly
> afterwards.
>
> Booting with /nogplpv is not an option. It took 45 min. to bring up my
> desktop, and an hour before qemu-dm stopped using 100% of one cpu on
dom0.
> Iperf speeds were in the 2-5 Mb/s range. I even seem to be losing
keystrokes
> (all of them).
>
> James - have you tested with 3.0.0 yet, or is it too premature?
>
> Using same config file on pvops 2.6.32 (myoung). everything works
fine. I'm
> using xen 4.1.1 and 'xm create'. xl still has too many problems - see
today's
> post on the secondary fork of the related thread 'Failure to create
HVM DomU
> at Xen 4.1 ( kernel 3.0.0-5-generic) Ubuntu 11.10 (alpha 2)'

I haven't tested 3.0.0. When I first read that I thought you were
referring to Xen 3.0.0 :)

What version of GPLPV are you using?

When network performance goes bad after a backend change the cause is
often the network offload (tcp checksum / large send), so you could try
and disable that and see what difference it makes.

If you use the debug version of GPLPV, is there anything interesting in
/var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<domu name>.log?

James