Re: [Xen-users] 3.0.0 and gplpv

On Sat July 23 2011 8:40:09 PM you wrote:
> I haven't tested 3.0.0. When I first read that I thought you were
> referring to Xen 3.0.0 :)

He he - that *would* be ancient!

> What version of GPLPV are you using?

The latest at meadowcourt - 0.11.0.308

> When network performance goes bad after a backend change the cause is
> often the network offload (tcp checksum / large send), so you could try
> and disable that and see what difference it makes.

In the Advanced tab of Xen Net Device Driver Properties, the first 4 items
are:

Check Checksum on RX Packets - Enabled
Checksum Offload - Disabled
Don't fix the blank checksum on offload - Disabled
Large Send Offload - 8192

If I understand you correctly, 'Checksum Offload' is already disabled, and I
just need to disable 'Large Send Offload', right? My dom0's peth0 is too old
for ethtool to be useful. I'll try this tomorrow, if I don't hear further from
you.

> If you use the debug version of GPLPV, is there anything interesting in
> /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<domu name>.log?

I use the non-debug version.

Thanx.