Re: [Xen-users] Which kernel for Dual GPU Passthrough?

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Matthew Hook <matthew.hook@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm a little new when it comes to XEN so forgive me if this question sounds
> a little basic.
> I'm setting up an Ubuntu Server with Dual AMD HD 6970 GPU cards in it and I
> need the passthrough feature to work with both of these cards.
> The processor is an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T and the motherboard supports
> IOMMU.
> Hardware wise, all the right boxes are ticked for this as far as I can tell.
> Now I'm just a little uncertain about the choice of kernel.
> There is a kernel option: CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND
> But this module doesn't appear to be in my stock kernel (or even Kernel 3.0)
> despite the announcement that all the XEN bits are in it?

"Features queued for 3.1:
xen-pciback backend driver to be used in dom0 to support PCI passthru to VMs."

You can track the progress here:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Linux_30_bugs
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenKernelFeatures