Re: [Xen-users] Can you put more than one physical nic on a bridge?

I setup bonding on my network, and I don't get that error anymore, I used bonding method 4, which is IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation.

To use this, your network will need to support this type of bonding.

However, my experience with this type of bonding and the error going away, could all be caused by the type of switches I am using anyhow.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Felix Kuperjans
<felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think both were probably connected to the same switch / hub in the
> network. This causes a loop which often leads to strange failures.
>
> You can put two interfaces on one bridge without problems, but one of
> these criteria should apply:

4- activate STP and let the network break any loops.  (disclaimer: you
need to trust _all_ your switches)

--
Javier