[Xen-users] XCP - how to login to VM locally on host machine (not using XenCenter)

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Beasley, Julien" <Julien.Beasley@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:56:48 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:00:49 -0700

Hello everyone,

I have XCP installed on a machine, with a guest OS running windows 7. Is there
a way to login locally on the host machine itself (as opposed to using the
console view in XenCenter?). The reason I am asking is that I am trying to look
at interactions between Xen and graphics cards, and I want to make sure that
the graphics card is being used ( as opposed to rendering through RDP). I am
able to use XenCenter on a windows machine to view the console, this works
great. But I am looking if for a way to directly log in.

I've been looking around but can't seem to find a way to login directly to the
VM on the machine it is hosted on. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you very much,

Julien