Re: [Xen-users] Blktap2 in Debian Squeeze

On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 11:45 -0400, Muriel wrote:
> Il 23/08/2011 20:12, Daniel Stodden ha scritto:
>
> I'm trying to compile blktap on a 64bit system (rhel based). I'm using
> this repo:
> https://github.com/jonludlam/blktap
>
> What is the best / most updated?
>

> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/dstodden/blktap.git
>
> presently recommended is xcp/volatile/autotools, to eventually be
> xcp/next.
>
> $ sh autogen.sh
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> $ sudo make install
>
> It's still missing some useful stuff from xen-unstable.hg/tools/blktap,
> such as block-remus etc, but for vhd/aio etc. it should work fine.
>
> It's sort of beta, beware. Report issues please.
>
> Daniel
>

> Ok Daniel, with your branch i don't have the problem when compiling.
> Just some conflict with the file coming from xen, like tap-ctl,
> libblktapctl.so and other.
> I have to remove them from xen packages (I'm using xen 4.1.1)?

Yeah, these will obviously collide right now.

If anyone is interested, any preliminary reports on integrating this as
a git subtree into xen/tools (similar to quemu in spirit, I guess) would
be very welcome.

But there's way more merging work ahead. Should at least synch on
drivers (remus etc.) before this gets even considerable.

Daniel