Re: [Xen-users] correct steps to add XEN bridge to Debian squeeze?

We decided not to use xen for bridging, but put all out bridges in

/etc/network/interfaces

Something like this

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# network bonding
auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
        slaves eth1 eth2 eth3
        bond_mode 802.3ad
        bond_miimon 100
        bond_downdelay 200
        bond_updelay 200

# vlans
auto vlan201
iface vlan201 inet manual
        vlan-raw-device bond0

auto vlan202
iface vlan202 inet manual
        vlan-raw-device bond0

# bridges sit on the vlans
auto br201
iface br201 inet static
        bridge_ports vlan201
        bridge_fd    2
        address 10.10.254.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0

auto br202
iface br202 inet manual
        bridge_ports vlan202
        bridge_fd    2

This is on a machine with four physical interfaces, three of which are
bonded together, and you can add bridges and vlans on the fly as and
when required.

And in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp leave all the entries like

# (network script network-bridge)

commented out.

--
Dominic Mason <dominic@xxxxxxxxxx>