Re: [Xen-users] correct steps to add XEN bridge to Debian squeeze?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Christian I appreciate your attempt to help me, but your making me run
in circles and confusing me a LOT.

So if anyone else can please point me in the right direction to get a
"xenbr0" bridge setup in Debian Squeeze I would appreciate it.

Surely I can't be the only one using this combination?

You're not the only one using this setup, and it's not hard - but with all respect, you seem to be making life hard for yourself.

I didn't read any of the previous emails as telling you to install lib-virt, which you don't need. You were asked *if* you had it installed since this is a tool that may be doing things. I suppose I can see how that could be interpreted as a suggestion to install it.

The 'best' way to do it in Debian is via the /etc/network/interfaces file as you've already done. However, it looks like you ALSO have a DIFFERENT tool doing something. My first guess would be that in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp you haven't commented out every instance of "(network-script <something>)" - if you have left one of these active then Xend will mess with your network as it starts.

So check /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp for any instances of "network-script" and make sure they are all commented out.
Also, remove libvirt unless you are doing something that needs it.

--
Simon Hobson