Re: [Xen-users] Help in installing XEN

Jay,
ÂÂ Not sure if I'm following but you generally can't install a Hypervisor inside another Hypervisor ie. no Xen inside of VMWare. Also XCP is designed as a product so you install it from the install disk on bare hardware. The standard Xen Hypervisor can be installed in a Linux Distrobution from packages but even then it's good to choose your Linux distribution wisely as there's a bit of strategy to it. We recently had a thread about the best OS for Dom0 (the Control Domain) in this mailinglist.

My recommendation, get a machine (or swap drive) that you don't use for anything else and install XCP on it if that's what you want to run. If you're thinking of straight Xen then install CentOS 5.6 on it which comes with Xen.

Grant McWiliams