Re: [Xen-users] Xen CP maximum configurations and features list

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Rafael Weingartner
<rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am doing a paper for my university comparing cloud computing platforms.
>
> So I got information about the maximum hardware supported and features list
> on Vmware and Microsoft website about their cloud computing platforms.
>
> I would like to compare those platforms with Xen CP. So do you know guys
> where I can find easily information about the maximum configuration (per
> hosts and per cloud) of Xen CP?

You can use the Citrix XenServer maximum configurations. The XCP
releases up to this point have been fairly similar to Citrix XenServer
releases. See:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP/XenServer_Feature_Matrix
and
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com

> And if you know any case of applying Xen in large companies or organizations
> let me know. I need it to compare with those solutions.

Xen powers the cloud
http://www.jackofallclouds.com/2011/01/state-of-the-cloud-january-201/

Amazon, Rackspace, etc.

For a couple recent case studies presented at the last Xen Summit see:
http://xen.org/files/xensummit_santaclara11/aug2/3_PradeepV_Art_of_Using_Xen_at_Scale.pdf
http://xen.org/files/xensummit_santaclara11/aug3/2_Sinhoreli_Xen_in_the_Cloud.pdf

Hope that helps.

Thanks,