RE: [Xen-users] .1q trunks

> Hiya,
>
> I've got a requirement and I can't work out the right configuration.
I'm
> running Xen 4.0 on Debian Squeeze.
>
> The Dom0 has two physical interfaces, one as an 'access' port (I'll be
using
> Cisco
> terminology) and the other is a .1q trunk for up to 150 VLANs (don't
ask, long
> story). Some of the VLANs on this trunk are for managing the DomUs and
as
> such I've created interfaces and bridges for each. The rest I want to
pass on,
> as a trunk, to a DomU.
>
> The DomU will have a management interface which connects to one of the
> above management bridges and it should also have an interface
connected
> to the trunk. I want to be able to listen to all the broadcast traffic
on that
> trunk.

openvswitch is probably what you want. I just installed this on wheezy.
I have a script that can pretend to be brctl (at least enough for the
xen vif scripts) when you have openvswitch. Openvswitch comes with some
sort of brctl compatibility layer but it doesn't seem quite right for
vlans.

James