Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On 7 November 2011 10:39, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 7 November 2011 10:35, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> No, what that thread says is that you need a configuration option
>>> passwd to xen-fbfront.
>> Excuse me: what do you mean for "configuration option passwd"?
>
> PASSED
>
> (sorry, typo. "E" and "W" is close :) )
Thanks! :)

Excuse me for the late replay, but I had some problem with the kernel.

I've tried to pass extra = 'video=32,1280,1024' option in the config file
but no luck. Furthermore, the domU kernel, which is 2.6.37, seems to
not have that module.
So I downloaded the last vanilla kernel sources and I tried to compile that
module as built in.
I have reconfigured the kernel, but unfortunately, I had some problem during
the kernel compilation. I have to retry using a smaller configuration.

By the way: zypper info kernel-xen says that:
"This kernel can be used both as the domain0 ("xen0") and as an
unprivileged ("xenU") kernel."

but even installing it, I am not able to use it in order to boot the domU.

The problem is that if i try to compile a kernel inside the domU,
which is a modified
version (of the config file) of the kernel in /boot directory, I
always remain with no space
on the device (because of the huge quantity of the modules to be
compiled -  I know,
I should remove all the unused modules). So every time I'm not able to
install the
new domU kernel.

On 8 November 2011 00:15, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pls remember to cc: me, as I don't receive mail from the list.
Sorry, I didn't know that.

> Your region 0 is 32M, and your videoram=16, so opensuse is not paying any
> attention to the videoram. Actually, this is exactly what my winxp domu says -
> 2 regions of 32m and 4k. I'm beginning to think the videoram= line only
> applies if stdvga=1, but everything is predefined for stdvga=0 - the cirrus
> model.
OK

> Alright, why don't you post the full config for your hvm opensuse domu? Maybe
> something else will jump out at me.
Here we go:

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 1024

shadow_memory = 8
name = "opensuse-11.4"
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:00:00:21, bridge=xenbr0' ]
acpi = 1
apic = 1
disk = [ 'file:/mnt/xen/vmstore/opensuse-11.4/opensuse-11.4.img,hda,w' ]

boot="dc"
sdl=0
vnc=1
vncconsole=1