Re: [Xen-users] How to get pygrub to load grub2 guest on Squeeze Dom0.

I had a similar problem with my F16 PV install that came down to
having /boot formatted as btrfs - except pygrub doesn't support it, so
it can't read the initrd & kernel. I can't remember it btrfs was the
default filesystem for /boot though, and even if it is, you might have
changed it to ext3/4, so this might not help.

If this is your problem, how I fixed it:
I ended up creating a new LV, formatting it as ext4, block-attaching
both the btrfs and ext4 formatted LVs to my dom0, and copying the grub
files from the btrfs LV to the ext4 LV.

One point if you do this: The new LV has a different UUID though, so
F16 refused to boot because the disks are referenced by UUID in the
domU's /etc/fstab, so you'll need to change that.  I resorted to doing
it all through the emergency shell, taking advantage of screen's text
buffer to copy the output.

I documented what I did here -
http://kyl191.net/2011/10/stupid-trick-changing-the-uuid-in-etcfstab-from-an-emergency-shell-with-screen/
if you're inclined to follow it, but because it took a fair bit of
unnecessary configuration, I recommend running blkid in your dom0 and
replacing the UUID in your domU's /etc/fstab after attaching the
domU's root partition to your dom0, and editing with
$EDITOR_OF_CHOICE.

Hope that helped, and good luck.