[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] xen4.1.1 and linux 3.1-rc4

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Jeff Mason <J.Mason@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to compile/run xen/linux using xen4.1.1 and linux 3.1-rc4 as
> dom0.  These are the latest stable(*1, *2) releases as far as I can tell.
> Most of the email/documentation imply that I should be using the 'jeremy'
> kernel but other email/docs imply that all of these fixes are now folded
> into Linux 3.1-rc4.

This would be better asked on the xen-users list... moving it there.

> My question is:
>

> Can I expect xen4.1.1 and linux 3.1-rc4 as DOM0 to work correctly?  My
> current problem is that xend fails to start up (hangs).  I get the RTNETLINK
> problem but all of the solutions I could find have been applied.

First, don't use xend

Migrate to Xen 4.1+
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/MigrationGuideToXen4.1%2B

Use your distro networking
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HostConfiguration/Networking

You may just want to use a more modern distro with package support.
For example Fedora 16 or the latest Debian testing releases.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd

--