Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On Sun November 20 2011, 10:45:36 AM, Flavio wrote:
> On 20 November 2011 02:14, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Flavio. I want to try a couple of more things.
>
> Hi Jim! No problem!
>
> > rcxdm stop
> > (check with 'ps a -H' to make sure that all instances of kdm/gdm and
> > their child processes (the indented ones under kdm or gdm in the 'ps'
> > listing) are killed)
>
> done

Sorry - that should have been 'ps a -HA', to include ALL processes. What I
wrote would only give you processes with a tty or pty - in other words,
desktop or shell programs.

> > rmmod cirrusfb
> > modprobe cirrusfb
> > rcxdm start
> > (log out of your shell window)
>
> done
>
> > If this doesn't help, there is one more thing I haven't looked at yet.
>
> No, the resolution is the same.

Should have been explicit, but we are back to using the cirrus driver, right?
(stdvga=0). If either of these two conditions were not met (stdvga=0, ps a -
HA), pls rerun. Also, see if any thing new shows up in /var/log/messages
during this test.

And I'm assuming you actually tried to change the resolution.

> > Post
> > the contents of 'gunzip -c /boot/initrd-2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop|cpio -tv',
>
> http://pastebin.com/46X2MyUD
>
> > and
> > then 'more `ls /etc/udev/rules.d/*|grep -v sane` /etc/modprobe.d/*'.
> > Thanx.
> http://pastebin.com/f2GSspNu

Ok, nothing here. Let me see the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.