Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On Mon November 21 2011, 10:36:42 AM, Flavio wrote:
> > Ok, nothing here. Let me see the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
>
> Sure!
> I don't have just the xorg.conf file. I have xorg.conf.install. I don't know
> if it is considered by the system now or if it has been considered only
> during the installation but:
>
> Here it is: http://pastebin.com/pyABzEaa

It should be just during the install, but your Xorg.0.log had a lot of those
modules loaded, so it just may be a standard probing approach.

> I also have this file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-screen.conf

That directory is for corner cases and examples (that are commented out).

I'm out of ideas, so I'm going to do what I probably should have from the
beginning, instead of guessing. This weekend, I'm going to do an hvm install,
down to the same kernel 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop, and see if I can duplicate your
problem. The only reason I haven't done it before is it involves creating an
lvm logical volume, and exporting it via iscsi. Can't take any more time than
what I've already spent on this thread. :-)