Re: [Xen-users] SR-IOV

Hello,
    Replies inline...

On 24 November 2011 03:27, Achala Aryal <arya2595@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh got it.
> So If I want to passthrough this device (which is PCIe not PCI ) then is it
> a same procedure like in PCI passthrough
> hiding it from dom0 and assigning it to domU config flie....

Yes

> also one more since this is pcie device, I can passthrough to more than one
> domU right?

Unfortunately, no. It is still limited to a one-to-one mapping. Only
SR-IOV allows this by presenting virtual devices. Your best bet would
be to either:
    1. Obtain more NICs and individually passthrough each one to the VM, or
    2. Use emulated NICs and bridge them to your hardware NIC (at the
cost of software processing overhead)