Re: [Xen-users] Any tip on making guest OS to have WiFi interface?

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Dongsoo Kim
<dongsoo.kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh...I thought that it will be feasible if I run my WiFi device in ad-hoc
> mode.
> I know, this is not an usual case...and that can be reason there is no
> support for this.
> So..no way for this? I'll dig further more.

Not with only one adapter.

You can get cheap USB wireless adapter for less than $15, so it's
probably easier for you to just buy a bunch of them. And if you're
having trouble with Xen's USB passthru, try it first with virtualbox.

A small warning though: last time I tried wireless USB passthru with
virtualbox, the CPU usage goes over the roof. Something to consider
before you decide to implement this kind of setup for production use.

As usual, whatever solution you choose, make sure you test it thoroughly.

--
Fajar