Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On Wed December 7 2011, 10:27:53 PM, Flavio wrote:
> On 7 December 2011 22:25, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Did you define a user in the Yast install? That's the only thing I can
> > think of that may be different between your install and mine.
>
> Of course yes, and I can log in as such user.
> Then, typing the startx command says it can't write the Xorg.0.log file
> or something like that.. but it does exist.
>
> By the way: in the hvm domU, xdm starts automatically. Why it doesn't
> start automatically here too?

It does for me. 'startx' usually will give you some problems. You could try
'startkde', but first: Do a 'chkconfig xdm --list', and make sure there are
'on' entries in the output. If not, you can do (as root) 'chkconfig xdm on',
then 'rcxdm start', which is preferable to even startkde. (Actually, as root,
do 'rcxdm stop', then '/bin/ps a -HA|grep kdm', and check for a pid to use
with kill. Sometimes kdm doesn't exit cleanly. Then do 'rcxdm start'.)