Re: [Xen-users] DomU pygrub issue - OSS Xen to XCP

Failar

Thanks for  your reply,
You are right , actually /usr/bin/pygrub is exists on dom0, seems my dom0 got many stuck issues also in HVM mode,is possible my xen version is too old?Anyway I will keeping try to address what issue is.

WIth many thanks

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Johnny Tao <johnnybeijing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> George
>
> Thanks for quick response, have you successfully installed grub on such kind
> of my domU and bootup into OS?
>
> Seems it doesn't' work for me to install pygrub according to this wiki
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/PyGrub

That wiki is not completely accurate.

pygrub simply reads /boot/grub/menu.lst (or /boot/grub/grub.conf, or
/boot/grub/grub.cfg for grub2). So you don't need to actually have
grub installed. You only need the correct config file. You can start
by copying existing server's config file.

Also, you have this log
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 693, in ?
   data = "">
does /usr/bin/pygrub exists on your dom0?

--
Fajar