Re: [Xen-users] vnc stops working after a while

+1

I hate how when the vnc connection gets hung for any reason how you lose vnc access for quite a while and possibly forever

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jordi,

2011/12/7 Jordi Moles Blanco <jordi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> the issue I'm describing here has to do with para-virtual domUs, although I
> don't know if it also affects full-virtualized machines, I have none to test
> against.

Things you might want to check:

- if the qemu-dm processes are still there
- if your xenconsoled has died a little
- qemu-dm log file in /var/log/xen
- is there any stale or stale network connection to the VNC port for
this VM? The VNC multi use patches are not in at least *most* Xen
versions and that means if you have a VNC session still open somewhere
else, then your connection attempt will simple hang forever.
That sucks sooooo much.

These are the ones where I could pin down some of the issues I saw,
though I never had the one you see. (Wow, I skipped one!)

Otherwise, run lsof on the qemu process in question, check the socket,
and then try using strace on the process while attempting a
connection.

Btw: It would be AWESOME to know how to properly restart a qemu-dm VNC
server without destroying the VM.

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and