Re: [Xen-users] Error starting updated Debian servers

> On 22 Dec 2011, at 10:54, Mark van Dijk wrote:
> > This clearly is a grub2 config, while pygrub can only parse grub
> > 0.97 configs.
> > Don't panic. :)
> >
> > (I got that from the Hitchhiker's guide...)
>
> Don't Panic... nice
> is there a way to downgrade my Grub install? or upgrade pygrub?

Yes, if you can reach the domU's data then you can mount and chroot to
it and then use the way you normally do this in the domU OS.

Example for partitioned LVM disks where partition 1 is /boot and
partition 3 is / :

kpartx -a /dev/lvmarray/host
mount /dev/mapper/lvmarray-host3 /mnt
mount /dev/mapper/lvmarray-host1 /mnt/boot
for i in proc sys dev; do mount /$i /mnt/$i; done
chroot /mnt

aptitude ....

exit
for i in proc sys dev boot ""; do umount /mnt/$i; done
kpartx -d /dev/lvmarray/host

HTH,
Mark