[Xen-users] graceful windows guest shutdown/restart

I'm having some trouble getting Windows Server 2008 R2 Std/Ent to consistently
shutdown or restart gracefully. I have acpi enabled (it's required in later
versions of Windows) and I'm even executing the shutdown from the guest OS
itself. Inconsistently, but often enough to be consistent, the next time
Windows boots it will say "Windows did not shut down properly, boot safe mode,
normally, etc."

This is a real problem during installation as I'm installing Windows via
sysprep'd images, and if a hard shutdown or restart occurs during the final
configuration if Windows, it'll abort and say to start the installation over
from scratch. This happens an unscientifically measured 40-50% of the time.

Is it possible there's a race condition somewhere, or is there a "pause before
destroy" setting I can enable somewhere?

I'm running Xen 4.1 on Ubuntu 11.04, and the sysprep'd images don't have the
GPLPV drivers installed at the time of install.

Thanks,

Nathan