Re: [Xen-users] fedora install

Replies inline:

2011/12/22 åè <yxy.716@xxxxxxxxx>:
> thank you .
>
> 2011/12/22 Kyle Lexmond <kyl191@xxxxxxxxxx>:
[clip]
>> NetworkManager doesn't support bridges, which you need for the domUs.
>> Since NetworkManager isn't being used, it's recommended to disable it
>> so it doesn't screw stuff up.
>
> I am not sure if I start network service ,fedora need so long to boot .
> If i use network. Whether is the same for me to use Internet ?
> I didn't see the the network icon on the top of desktop after use network .

Internet access should be fine if you use DHCP. network works fine
with that. If you don't know what you use, don't worry, that means
it's 99.9% likely that you're using DHCP.

GNOME hooks into NetworkManager, so the network icon won't show up
when NetworkManager is disabled. You can run /sbin/ifconfig as root to
make sure your network card got a IP address.

>> There's no auto method that I know of outside of editing
>> /etc/sysconfig, but if you have /boot/xen.gz, grub2-mkconfig -o
>> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg should make a config file that will boot Xen.
>
> Yes I have /boot/xen.gz
> grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg doesn't find the img .
> I think edit grub.cfg directly may have help. But it is not suggested.

It's not suggested because it'll get overwritten every time you
install a new kernel. If you really want,
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=535354 is a working
sample config file, change the file locations as necessary.

I'm guessing you're compiling Xen manually which leads to the
question: why are you compiling Xen manually? In Fedora 16 you can
just do yum install xen. There's actually a tutorial on the Xen wiki
to get F16 running as a dom0- http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Fedora_16_Dom0