Re: [Xen-users] XCP

 I'm just interested to know why I can't get the gateway address via dhcp. ÂThat's all.
Many thanks,
Frank.

So the problem really isÂ

"Why doesn't my XCP 1.0 machine retrieve the default gateway when it does a DHCP request? "Â

One question. If you do a dhclient <network interface> on the XCP machine does it get the gateway? If so then you're down to figuring out why the XCP OS doesn't do it on boot. I've found there are many small changes to the OS that effect it running as a standard Linux server (like not doing a vgchange -ay on boot). I can't test this to see how mine work because I like everyone else here wouldn't run it on a Dynamic address.Â

A quick temporary fix would be to let your router get the IP address if it can and then just forward the ports to your XCP's "outside" network interface where you'll do all the QoS, filtering etc..Â

Grant McWilliams