[Xen-users] snapshots (without lvm)

I'm using xen 4.1.2 on fedora 16.  I'm aware that it's possible to snapshot vms using lvm snapshots but it's a lengthier and more involved process than the type of one step snapshot functionality included in citrix xenserver or xcp.  Therefore I wanted to ask:

(i) does anyone know if it's possible to create snapshots using the libvirt library e.g. virsh snapshot-create.  I don't believe it is but I wanted to check.  When I try I get an error message saying: "error: this function is not supported by the connection driver: virDomainSnapshotCreateXML"
(ii) putting lvm aside, are there any other snapshot options available for xen if one isn't using xcp

Thanks in advance for any help.