Re: [Xen-users] Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Which kernel may I compile ?

Hi everybody

Here the last email about this thread: I preferred to wait several days before sending it, but now I am sure that everything works OK

The only real problem was a Kernel compilation problem: for an unknown reason, when I do:

make oldconfig

all the DEBUG related parameters are switched to Yes. I had to change every DEBUG_ parameter from Y to N before the kernel compilation/

This leads to a modules directory of about 90 Mb, instead of 1.4 Gb if the debug parameters are switched on: with such large modules you need a very large dom0_mem, as David suggested to me. (I presume there are also performance problems)

So the correct solution was to compile the kernel after switching off all the DEBUG_ parameters, then boot Xen as usual, and the dom0_mem=512MB works perfectly well.
And now I have a domU with 96Mb memory

Well, thanks again for your help !

--
Emmanuel COURCELLE                emmanuel.courcelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
L.I.P.M. (UMR CNRS-INRA 2594/441) tel (33) 5-61-28-54-50