Re: [Xen-users] DVD burner virtualization

> Hello all,
> I am trying to virtualize a dvd-burner (i.e. assign the dvd-burner to the
> guest)
> through HVM (the guest is Windows).
> The line in the config file says:
>         'phy:/dev/dvdrw3,hdc:cdrom,r'
> but on the guest side it appears as a read-only (and not perfectly working)
> device.
> I haven't tried yet to mark it as 'w' and I cannot find documentation about
> the
> disk node.
> But the question is: is dvd-burner virtualization supported?

If the DVD burner is seen by Dom0 as a SCSI device then scsi passthrough should
allow it to work.

GPLPV supports the scsi passthrough so if you are using that you might have
some success but I've never actually tried it. If you try it and it doesn't
work for burning, send me the details and I'll see if I can fix it.

You do need scsi passthrough backend support in Dom0 though... what Dom0 kernel
are you using?

James