Re: [Xen-users] Does xen on debian squeeze work at all?

On 18 January 2012 19:57, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shane Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Oh I also forgot you need to go into /etc/defaults/grub and set the default
>> to boot to the grub entry that says :
>> Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 and XEN 4.0-amd64
>

> Or rename files in /etc/grub so that Xen comes before the plain kernels -
> then it's automatic.
>
> But in answer to the OP - it should all "just work" apart from the GRUB issue
> already noted. I've a box at work, and one at home, both running the same
> versions as you list.
>
> --
> Simon Hobson
>
> Visit http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/ for books by acclaimed
> author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
> Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

To check that you are in dom0, try to start the xend daemon. If you
get an error message that's likely you're not in dom0.

There are several ways to check that you are actually in dom0:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Common_Problems#Starting_xend_fails.3F

Eva