Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.1.2+Centos 6.2+Kernel 3.X

Hey

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Teck Choon Giam <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:54 AM, David Gonzalez <dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Teck Choon Giam <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 5:35 AM, David Gonzalez <dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > Yo, Teck, nice name heh,
>>
>> Grrr... My Surname is Giam and Name is Teck Choon :p
>>

>> > On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Teck Choon Giam
>> > <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx>

>> > Ok, I'm guessing that mus me one of my many mistakes when doing this, I
>> > haven't added the rite modules.

>> > Hmm, I tried that with rpmbuild -bb kernel.spec and as described on F16
>> > wiki, and disabled many many options and the kernel compiled aok and the
>> > installed fine but never booted, it kept rebooting.
>>
>> Just a question... is your xen installed from source or from rpm package?
>

> It's from myoung Fedora repos it's rpm package, altho I built 4.1.2 myself
> but it's not installed from those but froma repo.
>>

>> > I'll try your suggestions and hope that it helps.
>>
>> If that doesn't, you can use mine instead of burning your time to make
>> it work ;)  Anyway, I think it is a good experience to make it work
>> from self compile and there are many things to learn from this
>> experience.
>

> Huh, self-compiled, I've done that a hundred times, but it's always a no-no,
> i'v compiled 2.6.32 to 2.6.40 also 3.0.x to 3.1.x  and no luck either, I've
> got a devel machine runiing also CentOS 6.0 with 4 cores and 2048MB uin RAM
> so itr takes not tyoo long but it's frustrating to reboot and get nothing.
>
> I'd like to try yours, do you happen to have a repo or some place to get
> your rpms?.

The guide is at http://choon.net/forum/read.php?16,672307

Well, followed it and  there seemed to be a problem when I downloaded and installed the kernel, I installed it with rpm -ivh choon...kernel...rpm and the system never came back up online.

I-ll check and report as soon as I get to the DC tomorrow, I'll also check the howto again.

Many many thanks for taking the toime to put together that nice and useful info.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon