Re: [Xen-users] Announcing XenMaster

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Wannes De Smet <wannes321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The specification is controlled by the Executive Committee
> (http://jcp.org/en/participation/committee). Sure, Oracle might be a major
> influence, but saying they integrally control the specification is wrong.
> And, by all means, cut Oracle some slack, their attitude towards open-source
> was and still is improving.

You should take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRN7XLCRhc

Especially starting around the 33:00 part.

This is more about open solaris/zfs/dtrace and other technologies that
Sun opensourced and then Oracle did not, but I think the same applies.

FWIW, I'd have went with python myself.

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk