Re: [Xen-users] any recent experience combining GlusterFS w/ Xen?

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 01:30:58 pm Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Florian Heigl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2012/2/15 Miles Fidelman<mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> Anybody have any recent experience they could share along these
> >> lines?
> >
> > If nobody reponds, look in the list archives. I doubt you will
> > find many people recommend it.
>
> I've seen some comments in the archives relating to previous
> versions of Gluster, particularly around resynchronization delays
> that can effect VM migration - things that purport to be fixed in
> later versions.  And... RedHat seems to be pushing some
> Gluster-based appliances for use in a virtualized environment.
>
> Hence my interest in RECENT experience :-)

That's interesting. FWIW, I'm evaluating Nimbula right now, and they
claim that they are using Gluster along with DRBD. They are
CentOS/RH based, so that fits in with your comment about RedHat.
Can't say yet how well it works though.

        -dwight-