Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 vs Xen 4

So do I, upgrade to 4.0.1 (even more using debian packaging system) is flawless, but when it comes to 4.1 and the new xl toolstack... it's quite different.
And Yes I do agree, let the OS handle the network, xend network scripts are a puuuuure mess. Am not surprised at all that it's all wrecked down after upgrade.

Regards.

Le 20/02/2012 12:02, Peter Viskup a écrit :
On 02/20/2012 09:54 AM, FiFtHeLeMeNt wrote:
> From my experience this is true if you keep using xm toolstack.
When I switched to Xen4.1.2 I had to modify some configuration files
(mostly because of management software that was used to put "proprietary
values in thoose files) that xl could not process.
Further more I also noticed really worst performances when starting a
domain with xl than with xm.
I just kept using xm and didn't really dig into the problem, so am not
sure this is general or if you would face it too... But this is what
happened to me.
Yes , my experience is the same. I did the upgrade and after upgrade the
network settings was messed up and server lost its network connectivity. so
I downgraded to branch 3 again.
I was upgrading from Xen3 to Xen4.0.1 and that upgrade was without any issues (running Debian stable). Anyway I have networking configured with system tools and not by Xend. It is much better to have it configured by system to overdue any such issues you are experiencing now.

--
Peter

Alexandre Chapellon

Ingénierie des systèmes open sources et réseaux.
Follow me on twitter: @alxgomz