Re: [Xen-users] How to merge the Xen kernel with modules into one single file ?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM, wang zhihao <accept.acm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To boot a Xen from grub, we normally use a Xen kernel and a domain0 kernel &
> initrd.img as its modules. Now, I want to merge these three files into one
> single kernel file, then I can boot it without modules.

Why?

> I am doing this because a simulator environment only has one file entry for
> the kernel.

What kind of simulator is that?

even qemu should work fine with xen.

>Do you guys have some hints on how to do that? BTW, I can merge the domain0
>kernel & initrd.img into one file.

with what?

> But I don't know how to merge the xen kernel file with the other two files.

If your environment boots from network, you could probably use mboot:
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Mboot.c32

Another option is to chainload grub4dos by using grub.exe as the
"kernel", and have grub4dos loads other components (xen, kernel, and
initrd) afterwards.

--
Fajar