Re: [Xen-users] Server purchase pointers

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Bart Coninckx <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/24/12 05:35, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Bart Coninckx
>> <bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Also, it might be so that both nodes in the future will be geographically
>>> separated, so I third one is less convenient,
>>
>> geo-separated nodes, running drbd protocol C? Good luck :P
>

> no problem, I have 100 mbit guaranteed between two datacenters.

The problem is not bandwidth. It's latency (which pretty much kills
sync performance). Async aren't affected by latency, which is why I
prefer using async wherever possible. Even at the cost of live
migration.

Again, if you've tested that it fits your requirement, or your
workload is extremely low, then you should be fine.

--
Fajar