Re: [Xen-users] [Xen]Do some stuffs for xen

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, harryxiyou wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Our project's name is Cloudxy, which is about Cloud Calculating like
> Amazon's EC2.
> It has two sub-systems, which is ECMS (Elastic Cloud Managesystem System) and
> HLFS(Hadoop hdfs and log structured Filesystem). Hlfs is like Amazon's EBS.
> ECMS
> is a scheduling system, which distributes VM and recycles VM.
>
> We have pluged our HLFS  to xen's blktap2 as a driver like 'aio',
> 'vhd'. So we can use xen's
> domu as our VM and HLFS as our blktap2 driver.
>
> So i think if we have any mentor wanna to do blktap2's driver
> development in GSOC 2012,
> which i have done this portions for a long time. I am sure i can
> develop this kind of driver
> successfully. ;-)  If you have some ideas about blktap2 drivers or
> something ideas about
> xen, feel free to contact me. You will be my mentor ;-)

I think I understand what this project is about now, thanks for the
explanation. It might be a good project: please create a new page to the
wiki with a detailed description of the project and then add a new row
to http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/GSoC_2012_Ideas#Key_Google_Pages, linking to
the project page you wrote.
Thanks,

Stefano